- 08:00 - 09:00Registration
- 09:00 - 09:10Welcome by Startup Norway, DNB & Hordaland FylkeskommuneTent
- 09:15 - 09:25Introduction by Bård StranheimTent
- 09:25 - 09:35DNB reportTent
- 09:35 - 10:05Global trend analysis by GartnerTent
- 10:15 - 11:00Functional Programming in IndustryKlosteretFunctional programming languages and techniques have a reputation as being only for academics, but they've been used very successfully in industry, particularly in recent years. I'll talk a bit about the history of functional programming, how it differs from imperative programming, and what its advantages and disadvantages are. I'll also look at a few specific uses that have made it easier to develop software that is more robust and scalable.
- 11:00 - 12:00The 10 Commandments of Startup PRKlosteret
- 13:00 - 14:00The Future of MobileKlosteret
- 14:00 - 17:00White Bull: Pitch Session and PanelKlosteret
- 10:15 - 10:35Intro: Scaling and Company BuildingTentWhen we talk or hear about scaling a company, there are many other things you would like someone tell you: What about your team, your technology? What should you focus on? Aber is going to take you through these questions and you'll be able to figure out the pros and cons about scaling a company or startup.
- 10:35 - 10:55Growth Hacking by Marc LamikTentHear from the formerly fastest growing startup in Europe how we managed to scale from €0 to €1 billion in sales within our first 4 years and how we now apply the same mindset to our new tech expansion project that will transform Zalando into a platform company.
- 10:55 - 11:15The story of TictailTent
- 11:15 - 11:50Panel: Scaling from the NordicsTentThe panel will discuss the major challenges when building an international business form the nordics, and how to overcome them.
- 11:50 - 12:05Break
- 12:05 - 12:25Challenges for Nordic Startups tied to Funding and visibilityTentNeil S W Murray will talk about the current state of play in the Nordics in terms of visibility and attracting Venture Capital, while touching on some of the challenges the region still faces, before looking to what the future might hold.
- 12:25 - 12:45Fundraising in Sillicon ValleyTent
- 12:45 - 13:20Panel: Funding from international investorsTent
- 13:20 - 13:35Break
- 13:35 - 13:55Investinor: Funding in Norway vs. NordicsTent
- 13:55 - 14:15Northzone: Funding in Norway vs. NordicsTent
- 14:15 - 14:35How to get attention from institutional investorsTentHow to reach out to investors and tips on what to think about when pitching to institutional investors. You will learn things such as how to approach a VC, how to stand out among the crowd, and how to position yourself and your team in the deck as well as during the meeting.
- 14:35 - 14:50Break
- 14:50 - 15:10Customers first – BootstrappingTent
- 15:10 - 15:30Scaling your Startup: Growth Marketing 101TentAmitt Mahajan talks about growth marketing and how to put it in use at your startup to scale your business to the next level.
- 15:30 - 16:05Panel: Growth Hacking TemaTent
- 16:05 - 16:25How to get international press coverageTent
- 16:25 - 16:45Grabbing the Media’s AttentionTentHow do you get your startup's story told? Learn how to land a launch article in TechCrunch or an exposé in The New York Times with Journalist and PR expert Courtney Boyd Myers, who will walk you through the do's and dont's of the international media landscape.
- 10:10 - 10:15Session 1: Why Corporate Venturing?Auditorium
- 10:15 - 10:40Arild Aspelund The fall of the Conglomerate and the Rise of Open Innovation ProcesseAuditoriumArild Aspelund will reflect around the macro picture in Norway, how the corporate world has changes from closed conglomerates to increased focus on open innovation.
- 10:40 - 11:05Interview with Luigi Lenguito: Culture Clash or Banana Split? Is acquisition from a Corporate the right outcome for a startupAuditoriumLuigi Lenguito will provide a reflection on acquisitions of startups by corporations, challenges and opportunities. Interviewed by Courtney B Myers.
- 11:05 - 11:20Break
- 11:20 - 11:45Bård Stranheim: Power couples – for corporates to innovate and startups to scaleAuditorium
- 11:45 - 12:00Alexander Woxen: Corprorate innovation; new dealAuditoriumAn entrepreneur´s take on corporate venture. Accelerating growth or capping the potential? Experiences from the StartupLab corporate partnership approach.
- 12:00 - 12:30Panel: What is the future of Corporate Venturing?AuditoriumArild Aspelund, NTNU, Luigi Luengito, Dell, Alexander Woxen, Startup Lab and Bård Stranheim, Innovation Norway will share their reflection on the question on what Corporate Venturing will look like in the future.
- 12:30 - 13:30Lunch
- 13:30 - 13:35Session 2: The Value of Corporate VenturingAuditorium
- 13:35 - 13:55Jason Ball: How to Hack a Corporate InvestorAuditorium
- 13:55 - 14:15Fireside chat with Christina Bechhold: Is Corporate Venture Right for me?Auditorium
- 14:15 - 14:35Interview with Yair Snir: Growth Hacking through Agile Corporate VenturingAuditorium
- 14:35 - 14:50Break
- 14:50 - 15:10Tina Yazdi: How to build a Startup Ecosystem in 5 years or less: Ambitious Opportunities in MENAAuditoriumA look at the startup ecosystem, opportunities, entry points and challenges in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region using different case studies
- 15:10 - 15:30Christian Horn Hanssen: Schibsted Growth – a decade of corporate ventureAuditorium
- 15:30 - 15:50Fireside chat with Jalak Jobanputra: US + Global Venture TrendsAuditorium
- 15:50 - 16:10Ramin Nikbin: Relationship goals: how startups can keep their corporate partnership healthyAuditorium